Logo Kit – Kit includes logos for DRC Video Productions, Video Judge, DanceSNAPS, & DanceBUG
So you’ve decided that you’d like custom packaging for your DVD this year? That’s great! There’s no better way to express your studio’s individuality or stick with a theme. Here are some guidelines for you to follow when preparing your custom packaging.
WHAT ITEMS CAN BE CUSTOMIZED?
- DVD Case
- DVD Disc Surface
WHO DOES THE DESIGN WORK?
It’s up to you!
- You can do it on your own
- Hire a graphic designer to do it for you
- Our in-house graphic designer can also provide design services
WANT TO DESIGN YOUR OWN PACKAGING?
Here’s what you’ll need to send us:
We’ve attached templates for you to download and follow when designing your artwork. Please ensure that you follow these guidelines exactly. Charges will apply for any extra design work DRCVideo will have to do if your artwork does not meet the specified guidelines. (Price for modifications will be determined based on work required.)
|DVD Case Template-
Download PSD (Photoshop File)
|DVD Disc Surface Template-
Download PSD (Photoshop File)
Print Ready– Is a term used to describe a file that meets all the specifications necessary to produce a high-resolution print without requiring any additional alteration or intervention. In other words, a printer can use the file “as submitted” to successfully create the desired print materials.
Common factors that prevent a layout file from being “Print-Ready” include…
- Document sized improperly
- Resolution not high enough (should be minimum 300 dpi at 100% size)
- Bleeds not set up correctly (artwork should extend at least 1/8” past the cut line)
- Crop marks missing or incorrectly placed
- Missing fonts or images
- Spelling and grammar errors
Print Area– The print area falls inside the cut line and is the part of the graphic that you want printed.
Bleed Area– This refers to the border of a document that gives the printer a small amount of space to account for paper movement during trimming. Artwork and background colors can extend into the bleed area. After trimming, the bleed ensures that no unprinted white edges occur in the final print.
Text Safety Zone– Printing and trimming are imprecise and variable so there is always a chance that the paper will be cut too far in. Since you don’t want any text to be cut away or cut too close it’s important to make sure that all important content is kept inside the “safety zone” at all times.
WANT US TO HANDLE THE DESIGN WORK FOR YOU?
Here’s what we’ll need from you:
- Your full/high resolution logo with a transparent background
- Any high-resolution images or graphics you would like us to use in the design
- A description of what you are looking for and any special requests
- If you have brand guidelines that you would like us to follow please let us know your desired fonts and brand colours (Hexadecimal format eg. #3399cc)
- We will often design packaging based on your show’s program cover. Please provide us with a high resolution copy of your program art or better yet, a copy of the working editable file (.psd or layered .pdf)
Back to top
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
If you send complete, print-ready files, DRCVideo will not charge for custom packaging.
If you would like to take advantage of DRCVideo’s design service, the following fees will apply:
- DVD Case – $75
- DVD Disc Surface – $50
- Package Deal – DVD Case & Disc Surface – $100
(+ 13% HST in Canada)
CUSTOM PACKAGING NOT FOR YOU AFTER ALL?
This is our standard packaging for 2016!
Competition Program Ads
Thank you for including us in your 2017 program! The following program ad options are available:
- Sizes – 8.5x11in and 5.5×8.5in (vertical and horizontal)
- Colour or Black & White
- DRCVideo & DanceSNAPS Ad, DRCVideo Ad ONLY or DanceSNAPS Ad ONLY
Looking to add our logos to your website and other marketing materials?
Look no further! This kit includes .png logos for DRC Video Productions, Video Judge, DanceSNAPS, and DanceBUG. Two logo options are included for each brand – one for use on a white background and the other for use on black or coloured backgrounds.